The Sustainable Tourism Tax is a tribute established by Complementary Law No. 107/2015 and has as a Generating Fact the actual or potential use by visitors of the physical infrastructure implanted and the access and enjoyment of the natural patrimonium of the Village of Jericoacoara.
The fee is charged for the days of stay in the village of Jericoacoara.
If your stay exceeds the amount of days reported, you must generate a new fee by reporting the excess period.
When you finish your stay in the lodging place, demand your Nota Fiscal. Remember: the costs of you stay include the tax due to the Municipality.
According to article 4 of Decree nº 044/2017, are exempted from Sustainable Tourism Fee:
- People with disabilities upon presentation of a report doctor and official document with photo;
- Children up to 12 years of age upon presentation of birth certificate or official document with photo;
- Seniors over 60 years of age upon presentation of official document with photo;
- Domicilied and residents of the Municipality of Jijoca de Jericoacoara on presentation of an official document with the photo and proof of address of the municipality;
- Workers from the village of Jericoacoara upon presentation of official document with photo and proof of employment relationship.
The condition of exemption must be proven at the time arrival date in the Village, upon presentation of the prosecutor of the city hall.